Monday, May 07, 2007

Cincinnati Marathon Photos

This is a Starting Photo. It's 6:30 am EDT. It's 5:30 am CDT back home. This is too early to start a race. I'm third from the left in the white t-shirt and purple shorts. The winner is on my right in the white tank top:

I'm #14 overall, but tied for fourth on an age-graded basis, whatever that means. I also came in 2nd in my division (45-49) and 10th overall (1st in my division) for the Final Mile Endurance Challenge where I sprinted to a final mile time of 6 minutes and 5 seconds, which was the fastest mile of the whole race:



My Stats and Splits - 6:26 per mile pace. Wow - a negative split! I ran the second half of the race a few minutes faster than the first half. It was probably the hills in the early part of the course that slowed be down. There's a prize for the fastest final mile, which is why my pace drops so much at the end. Plus the guy running with me was in the same age category, so I had to beat him:

Me being cheap by taking the bus to the airport in Milwaukee to catch my flight to Cincinnati. Cost: 10 minutes of free time vs. a cab. Savings: $30 - that's a lot of six-paks!

At the Milwaukee Airport. Even with garbage cans close by, somebody was a pig and left his or her trash behind in the waiting area at Mitchell Field:

Sudoku is addicting:

My plane in Milwaukee:

At the Delta Terminal in the Cincinnati Airport - a flying pig:

At the Health & Fitness Expo - another flying pig. God, I'm looking old. Time for some Grecian Formula:

Another photo from the Health & Fitness Expo:

Cincinnati Downtown:

The Start:

The finish line (Finish "Swine"):

The Pasta Party - very nice:

Arriving back in Milwaukee:

Cheapskate Chris waiting for the City Bus to take him home. Another $30 savings vs. a cab, and curbside service to boot!:

No comments: