Monday, September 19, 2005

Day 2 - New York City - My It's Hot Here

I forgot how God-aweful commuting by subway during the summer in New York City can be. I walked a few looooong blocks over to the subway from the hotel and then stood on the 100 degree + platform waiting for the next subway train--and waiting and waiting. By the time it arrived, I was sweating bullets. Then I had to make the big underground transfer at Times Square in a tunnel stretching between 8th Ave and 7th Ave. Then even more stairs and heat and sweat. By the time I emerged from the subway at Canal Street down in SoHo, I could have used another shower. After my morning meeting in SoHo, I subwayed down to the office down near Wall St. I'm now sitting in the same office I once occupied when I worked here. The view of the East River and the Brooklyn Bridge below is great, as is the uptown view towards the Empire State Building. It's deja vu all over again.

Well, back to work.

No comments: