Sunday, December 11, 2005

Green, Gold & Proud: Portraits, Stories and Traditions of the Greatest Fans in the World




Although I am not the biggest football fan, I have been known to watch a few games now and then. In January 2005, I was down in the Florida Keys visiting my dad over the holidays with my friends Doug and Jenny from Hartford, WI.

We went to Captain Dan's Deer Key Sports Bar to watch our Green Bay Packers wipe out the Chicago Bears in the play-offs. Captain Dan's is one of many "Packer" bars outside Wisconsin. Sometime between all the free jello shots handed out whenever the Packers scored a touch down (and there were a lot), some guy took our picture out in the parking lot in front of the bar.



Fast forward to December 2005. Doug is browsing Packer books and sees our picture in one of them. I'm in the front row, second from the left in the shorts and white t-shirt. Doug (sunglasses) and Jenny (white shirt) are in the middle row, just to the right of center. My dad is behind the guy with the cheese head. One of my dad's friends is behind Doug, and another is in the green shirt on the pole above the group. I had forgotten all about the picture. But there it is. I might actually have to break down and buy the book.

No comments: