Friday, April 15, 2005

Boston Marathon Malais

Well, it's off to Boston tomorrow. My ankle still hurts even after a few days off. Hopefully a heavy coating of Ben-Gay and the usual competitive adrenalin rush will mask the dull ache. Otherwise I'll just put my head down and shuffle through the motions on Monday. The weather promises to be nice--not the 85 degrees we had last year. My colleague from Milwaukee is also running. He and I are about the same speed, so I'll have someone to run with in case I need some inspiration. I have to pick up my race number and meet friends for dinner on Saturday. Then there's Sunday to do with as I please, and the carb load dinner in the evening. Then the big race on Monday, starting at noon eastern time. I come home Monday night, followed by four chaotic days at work. Then I leave for three weeks of vacation (Australia, New Zealand and Fiji) from April 23-may 15. Can't wait for the marathon and work to be over so I can enjoy some needed R&R.

No comments: