Monday, April 17, 2006

Done and Home From Boston

Well, the Boston Marathon is over for another year and I'm back home in Milwaukee already. I ran an average race, finishing in 2:53:01 (6:36 per mile pace). It was a perfect day for running a marathon. My heel is a little sore and all the surfaces and crevices of my body that were not coated with Vaseline before the race are nicely chaffed today. It's odd, but it seems like everyone passed me this year. Must be getting old. Even in the 40-49 category I only came in 109. I caught the next flight home (2 hours after the race) and am now busy washing all my running clothes to get the sickening smell of Ben Ben-Gay out of them. During the race I saw a guy who shit all over himself. I also smelled lots of European BO, which is one of the rankest odors known to man. I also drank too much Gatorade and consumed too much Gu so my plumbing is a little screwed up but should be fine in a day or so.

No comments: