Sunday, April 16, 2006

Yeah Boston

It's noon. I just got back from the Sports & Fitness Expo where I picked up my race number and shopped for running clothes, Gu, socks and other running necessities. The Boston Marathon is tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be good for tomorrow. I slept fine last night. The night before the night before is the only time you can really sleep if you have performance anxiety. Otherwise you'll have a fitful night of sleep the night before the and be really tired if you didn't sleep well two nights beforehand. Anyway, it's Easter Sunday. The spring blossoms are on full bloom up Tremont Street, which makes the Boston Commons particularly nice. I'm going to stay off my feet today because my heels are still a little sore. I bought some padded, moisture wicking socks at the expo and I use my heel cushions tomorrow even though I have a new pair of shoes and shouldn't need them. Will go to the carb load pasta party tonight and then don't have to be to the buses until 9 am, which is an hour later than usual due to the new starting and staging procedures. I come home tomorrow night. Till tomorrow.

No comments: